Why should you join the Ogeechee Audubon Society?
There is no better way to experience nature and birding than to join a group of like-minded people. Ogeechee Audubon is a great place to meet people. Our members come from diverse backgrounds with varied interests and expertise. It’s hard to participate with our group and not learn something new.
Plus, when you become an Ogeechee Audubon Society member, your entire membership donation supports our local mission:
Ogeechee Audubon educates adults and children about birds, wildlife, and the environment. We provide opportunities to enjoy the world around us, and advocate for responsible public policy and legislation for the conservation of our natural resources.
Benefits of Membership:
- Six issues of our newsletter, The Marshlander.
- Six lectures annually on a wide variety of important conservation and/or ecological topics
- Free monthly field trips around the Savannah metro area and further afield
- Annual holiday social event
- Individual / Household ($20)
- Senior (over 62) or Student / Household ($15)
- Supports Georgia Important Bird Areas Program in Chatham, Effingham & McIntosh counties
- Savannah National Wildlife Refuge
- Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge
- Wassaw National Wildlife Refuge
- Altamaha River Delta includes Blackbeard and Wolf National Wildlife Refuges
- Little Tybee Island State Heritage Preserve
- Supports Orphaned Bird Care, which helps injured or orphaned birds.
- Provides and supports nest boxes for local bird species at various locations
- Supports several local bird surveys and the annual Christmas Bird Count
- Supports community and school outreach programs
- Provides bluebird nest boxes for Islands High School Science Research Program
- Provides support for local educators to attend Educators Week at Hog Island Audubon Camp
- Provides seed and volunteers for maintenance of the Oatland Island Wildlife Center bird feeders
A Voice for the Birds
- Ogeechee Audubon Society participation in local and national advocacy campaigns
- Ogeechee Audubon Society membership is for one-year, starting January 1
- Membership to Ogeechee Audubon Society does NOT include membership to National Audubon Society with its subscription to the magazine, Audubon
- You are encouraged to join both organizations
- For more information about National Audubon Society, visit audubon.org