Join Ogeechee Audubon or Renew Your Membership
Each and every member of Ogeechee Audubon is important and valued. The dues each one contributes is used in a variety of ways to support our mission: to educate about birds, wildlife and the environment and to advocate for the same when needed.
The following is a sampling of some of the many ways your dues are used to accomplish this mission:
- Support for two teachers to attend an Educators Week at Hog Island Audubon Camp in Maine.
- Support to finance bluebird nest boxes for Islands High School Science Research Program.
- Oatland Island Bird Feeders, to provide for seed, fill feeders, maintain feeders so the children visiting Oatland can see the birds at the feeders.
- Support to the Orphaned Bird Care to help injured birds and nurse them back to health and release.
- Support the production of The Marshlander, our newsletter published six times a year.
- Support the ability to bring in speakers six times a year for our Programs which are free and open to the public.
- Support our annual holiday party.
- Support and volunteerism with the Savannah Coastal Wildlife Refuges.
All funds go directly to support these activities. Ogeechee Audubon is run by an all-volunteer Board. In addition, all our field trips are led by volunteers and are free and open to the public. Brown-headed Nuthatch nesting boxes located in three areas of Chatham County are monitored by volunteers during nesting season. Please join us or renew your membership! We need you and more importantly the birds need you! We cannot do any of this without you!
Also, if you would like to volunteer for any of the OAS activities please let Leslie Weichsel know – 914-466-9689. If you have any questions about membership please contact Debbie Bennett, 912-667-7256